Friday, 16 March 2012

Requested post for acne sufferers: my skin :)

Hi lovelies! This is a requested post on how I overcame my acne. This maybe something you didn't know, but I have suffered from acne since the age of 12. My skin is the clearest it ever has been now, but I have suffered from severe cystic acne before. I have oily to combination skin. I'm not claiming I'm an expert, I'm not a dermatologist or a doctor, just a normal girl. This is just my experience and what has worked for me. This post isn't for all skin types, most teenagers have spots, but this post is for people who really suffer with their skin. Acne makes you feel less confident and I think the main thing is to realise that one day things will get better and it will calm down. Here are my tips if you suffer from bad acne.

1. Wash your face everyday GENTLY. Blackheads aren't caused by dirty skin, they are caused by oil which blocks up pores. If you don't wash your face at least once a day, the oils will build up and it's not good for your skin. On the other hand, if you wash your face too much, your skin will produce more oils because it is too dry. I recommend buying a cleanser for sensitive skin, a lot of cleansers give me a rash, I'm still looking for the perfect one but I will let you know when I have found it :)

2. Don't buy tons of spot treatments, look for the right ones! The trick to finding a good spot cream or gel, is to look at the ingredients. Things to look for are tea tree, benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid amongst many other things. If you, like me, have already bought a million spot products and none of them work for you, I would go to the doctors. I have had spot creams prescribed that work a treat! There are different percentages you can get, I would recommend asking for the gel though, the cream version of the one I have made my skin more oily.

3. Buy a pure astringent toner to tighten pores, which make blackheads appear smaller. The garnier one is my favourite (picture below). You can buy it from superdrug for £2.73 at the moment with free delivery!

4. Once a week or once a fortnight, depending on your skin, exfoliate and put on a deep pore cleansing mask. The montagne jesse ones are very good. Also the neutrogena 2 in 1 wash & mask is my favourite mask to use on a regular basis. (picture below).

5. If you have done all of this and your skin is still in bad condition, seek professional medical help. None of these really worked for me, I had to be put on a set of tablets that would reduce the amount of oil my skin created. If you want more information about this, tweet me ( @misssarahleanne ) and I will tell you the name of the tablets so you can discuss this option with your doctor. All these will (hopefully) help your skin but nothing is a miracle worker so you just need to find the right combination of products that work for your skin :)

Hope this helped some of you! If you want a current skincare post/video comment below and I will try to do one.

Sarah xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. I try pretty much everything even the proactive stuff but i have to say that i didnt found yet the right product for my skin, the only thing that i have to do is to clean the make up alwaysss!!!!

    De

    www.blog101.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I hope you find it soon, the only thing that has actually worked for me is prescribed things along with other products. thanks for the comment lovely! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great tips, I've recently been suffering with it a little bit so this has been really helpful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hun! Glad it helped you :) Let me know how you get on and if you find anything good skincare wise, I know it's awful struggling with your skin xxxx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! This post is extremely helpful, thanks for sharing these tips. I am your newest follower now. Check out my blog and follow back if you like it.
    www.cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! and thank you so much for following! I have followed your blog back, it's amazing :) I have also followed you on twitter, if you wanna follow back my twitter is http://twitter.com/misssarahleanne/ xxx

      Delete
  4. thankyou, i have tried most of these,but i will try them again:/x

    ReplyDelete