Monday, 16 January 2012

How to: Valentine's day when you're single

How to have a great Valentine's day when you're single:
It's the second day of my new blog, so I thought I would blog about something I know all single girls are dreading; Valentine's day! It's been another year, you're still single and you're dreading the horrible romantic themed day, which is less than a month away. Why not take the time to treat yourself? Unfortunately this Valentine's day I will be in Leeds for a hospital appointment, but I will probably have a naughty shopping trip and treat myself! :) Hehe. Here are my tips on how to make it a day to enjoy:






1. If you have the money, go to your local salon and get a manicure, not only will it be good for you to get out of the house, it will make you feel much more relaxed! ( I go to a local college salon near me, so it's much cheaper! )


2. Buy some supplies in! Grab some chocolate and a magazine to chill in the bath with! It doesn't cost that much and will definitely make you enjoy your day a little more.




3. Don't be alone. - If you have single friends, invite them over for dinner and have a girly catch up! Not only will you distract yourself, you'll feel better that you're not the only one without another half.


4. Read a book/ watch a movie - I love to relax by watching one of my favourite flick chicks or reading a book in bed. Plus, it's a great excuse to catch up on my favourite shows like Gossip Girl or The Vampire Diaries.


5. Do what YOU want to do! I know it can seem that you're the only one alone at this time of the year and you feel like you're going to die on your own, with 20 cats. But Valentine's day is about treating the ones you love! Make dinner for your family or call up an old mate and have a good gossip with them! It doesn't have to be a day associated around romance! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment